Meet the Teacher/Conoce al maestro

 

 I was born in Delaware and raised in Pennsylvania (just south of Philadelphia). After graduating from Avon Grove High School, I attended the University of Central Florida, where I earned my B.S. in Early Childhood Education. I moved to Raleigh in 2006 where I started teaching for Wake County Public Schools. I am thrilled that this will be my first year at Yates Mill Elementary. When I’m not at school, I love to relax by spending time with my family.  I have been married to my wonderful husband for 13 years and we have 1 beautiful daughter.  Ella attends Dillard Drive Middle School. When we are not relaxing at home, or at one of her events, we love to travel. We have two dogs, Pepper and Paisley. I am passionate about teaching first graders at Yates Mill Elementary School. This age and school year are special because they are learning to read and write independently.  I am eager to partner with each child and their family to help every student learn and grow.  

 

Nací en Delaware y me crié en Pensilvania (justo al sur de Filadelfia). Después de graduarme de Avon Grove High School, asistí a la Universidad de Florida Central, donde obtuve mi B.S. en Educación Infantil. Me mudé a Raleigh en 2006, donde comencé a enseñar en las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Wake. Estoy encantada de que este sea mi primer año en la escuela primaria Yates Mill. Cuando no estoy en la escuela, me encanta relajarme y pasar tiempo con mi familia. He estado casada con mi maravilloso esposo durante 13 años y tenemos 1 hermosa hija. Ella asiste a la escuela secundaria Dillard Drive. Cuando no estamos descansando en casa o en uno de sus eventos, nos encanta viajar. Tenemos dos perros, Pepper y Paisley. Me apasiona enseñar a los alumnos de primer grado en la escuela primaria Yates Mill. Esta edad y año escolar son especiales porque están aprendiendo a leer y escribir de manera independiente. Estoy ansioso por asociarme con cada niño y su familia para ayudar a cada estudiante a aprender y crecer.